My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Favorite Poetry Collections from High School

Jane Austen:

Success is counted sweetest
By those who never succeed
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Not one of all the purple host
Who took the flag today
Can tell the definition
So clear of victory.

As he defeated dying
On whose forbidden ear
The distant strains of triumph
Burst agonized and clear!
--------------------------------
Will there really be a "morning"?
Is there such a thing as "day"
Could I see it from the mountaines
If I were as tall as they?

Has it feed like water lilies?
Has it feathres like a bird?
Is it brought from famous countries.
Of which I have never heard?

Oh Some scholar! Oh Some sailor?
Oh some wise man from the skies!
Please to tell a little pilgrim
Where the place called "morning" lies.
--------------------------------------

And so of larger - Darkness
Those evenings of the brian
When not a Moon disclose a sign
Or star come out within

The bravest grope a little
And sometimes hit a tree
Directly in the forehead
But as they learn to see

Either the darkness alters
Or something in the sight
Adjusts itself to midnight
And life steps almost straight
--------------------------------
My Friend Came !

Lost in the path of misery and sorrow
I could no more go wheeling through my life
Hatred, distrust, sorrow... was I in
when time was so unkind, life was cruel

An unexpected thing happened
A persone came into my life
who brought life back into me
who kept her arms open.

Ram I into her arms and unburdened my heart
She laughed with me, cried with me
Born through the winds of time a bond

A bond which was unexpected
A strong bond between her and me
A strong bond of friendship.

Laughter, happiness, courage she instilled in me
And we became best friends you see
She is the best friend I will treasure
And for sure ever and ever...
And the only one she will always be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home